UT Obesity Research Center Retreat
Fall Creek Falls, Tennessee
October 9-10, 2008
- UTORC Overview: Naima Moustaid Moussa
- Obesity in Tennessee: Laurie Stanton
- Research Opportunities Through Extension: Janie Burney
- A Community-Based Natural Experiment: Gene Fitzhugh
- Active Living: David Bassett
- The Collaborative Cross as a Tool for Obesity Research: Brynn Voy
- Destination Imagination: Betty Greer
UT Obesity Research Center is planning a retreat for UTORC during Fall break, October 9-10, 2008. The retreat will be held at the beautiful Fall Creek Falls state park located in Pikeville, Tennessee.
More details will be forthcoming, but please reserve this date and register via the on-line system if you plan to attend the retreat so that we can plan accordingly.
Directions from Knoxville, take I-40 West to Crossville, Peavine Road, exit 322. Take a left off the exit, onto Hwy 101 South. At the 4-way stop, go straight on Hwy 392, through the first traffic light (at 127). Continue straight to the 2nd traffic light (Lantana Road, Hwy 101). Take a left turn onto Hwy 101 South, and travel approximately 30 minutes to a dead-end. Turn left (still on Hwy 101 South) and go approximately 4 miles to Hwy 30. Turn right on Hwy 30 West. Park entrance is approximately 5 miles on the left (at Hwy 284).
Photo courtesy of Tennessee.gov photo gallery